HCA TriStar Centennial Medical Center - Nashville, TN Registered Nurse (RN) - Sarah Cannon Cancer Center - 3 Central - Medical Oncology - FT Days or FT Nights
Our 657 bed hospital is both nationally and locally recognized, including being named as one of the nation's Top 100 Hospitals in the areas of cardiology, stroke, orthopedics and breast cancer management. As a result of the continued advances in quality care, many improvements in all areas of healthcare have been made and thousands of lives have been significantly impacted. This position will play a key part in continuing our success! The 3 Central Medical Oncology floor at Sarah Cannon
is a 20 bed unit, specially designed to offer an intimate environment, focused on healing and hope. Our team of specialists provides care for adult and geriatric medical oncology, hematological oncology, hematological disorders and medical patients. The Emergency Department, PACU, Physician Offices, Critical Care Units and Patient Registration are all entry points for patients admitted. The Medical Oncology program
provides Chemotherapy and powerful cancer fighting drugs, hormones and immune-stimulants to help the body stop or slow the growth of malignant cells. Medical Oncologists are affiliated with Sarah Cannon Research Institute and offer leading clinical trials for cancer care, including our Phase 1 Drug Development Unit. Common patients include:
Centennial Medical Center
- Chemotherapy/Biotherapy administration and management
- Radiation implant management
- Transfusion of blood, platelets and fresh frozen plasma
- Management of central venous access devices
- Spinal drain management
- Bone Marrow biopsy and aspiration
- Thoracentesis and paracentesis
- Epidural and intrathecal analgesia
- Toxicities management
- Neutropenia management
- Antibiotic/Medication therapies
- Pain management
- Telemetry monitoring
- Pallative and End-of-life care
is currently looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) - Sarah Cannon Cancer Center - 3 Central - Medical Oncology - FT Days or FT Nights
- Demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development, assessment, range of treatment and care of patients served.
- Demonstrates the facility's Standards of Performance, ICARE values and Patient Promise
- Promotes customer service initiatives.
- Utilizes nursing process for individual care to meet needs of patients.
- Demonstrates ability to perform technical skills and procedures.
- Documents all patient care.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- State RN license in good standing
- Current BLS from the American Heart Association
- BSN preferred
If you are interested in learning more about our current opportunities, please contact Keith Bryson for more information. You can reach me directly at (615)342-1829 or by email at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]