The DeltaV Software Development Engineer will be designing, implementing and maintaining a variety of new and existing products and tools for the process industry.
- Participation in requirements and use case reviews
- Using object oriented technologies to design and implement new tools for process control and analysis
- Understanding and modifying existing software
- Generation of software concepts and designs
- Peer review of C++ and C# code
- Use of software quality tracking tools
- Training of other engineers on new and existing software products
- Participation in defining automated and / or manual tests
- Use of virtualization and SQL database technology
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering plus zero - two years of related experience
or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering plus one year of related experience
- Object oriented analysis and design skills
- Computer programming experience in Java, C++ or C#
- Good knowledge of current state-of-the-art software development methodologies and tools
- Good communication skills
- Programming experience with Microsoft PowerShell, WMI or SQL databases is a plus
- Good understanding of PLC or DCS control systems is also a plus
The company will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this position. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Relocation benefits are not available for this position.About Process Systems and Solutions
Emerson’s Process System’s and Solutions business provides automation technology and consulting services to allow process manufacturers to make the most of their operations while reducing costs and minimizing safety and environmental risks. Today, our control systems run more than 10,000 plants in 135 countries around the world. Our customers rely on us to solve their toughest challenges, and it’s a commitment we take very seriously.
We’re seeking high-impact people, true innovators at the core, whose ideas can change the world. If you’re looking for a company that recognizes and rewards your abilities, provides global opportunities to advance your career, and fosters an environment to learn and develop, Emerson may be for you. Consider joining our team of more than 7,000 Process Systems and Solutions employees across the globe.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Process Systems and Solutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation or sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or protected Veteran status.
APPLY NOW! (You will be redirected from the Emerson careers site)