* Responsible for the VMware infrastructure platform
* Responsible for all aspects of the installation, configuration, tuning, maintenance, backup and DR
design and testing of ESX/ESXi host, Virtual Center, and Site Recovery Manager (SRM) and etc.
* Primary person working on the SAN interconnects between the ESX and NetApp SAN (FC, NFS, iSCSI).
* Assist application owners with performance tuning within a hypervised environment. At times may also be called upon to engineer and support other systems such as Windows Servers, etc.
Required Education, Knowledge and Experience
* 3+ years' experience with VMware 3.x / vSphere
* 3+ years' experience with VMware Virtual Center Server
* 1+ years' experience with VMware Site Recovery Manager (SRM)
* 2+ years' experience with Fiber Channel, NFS, and iSCSI networking
* 5+ years' experience with Windows Server (2003 & 2008)
* 1+ years' experience with Cisco 1000v switching
* General knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server OS (2003 & 2008).
* General knowledge of DNS, WINS, DHCP.
* General knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory and Microsoft PKI.
* General knowledge of how WAN's affect applications and replication.
Required Skills and Abilities:
* The ability to install, configure, troubleshoot and performance tune VMware ESX/ESXi server.
* The ability to setup, configure Virtual Distributed Switching on an ESX cluster.
* The ability to present storage to ESX host from a NetApp SAN via iSCSI, NFS, FC (using a multi path design).
* The ability to configure the ESX host firewall as needed.
* The ability to troubleshoot disk pathing issues, including 'dead' paths, or disk latency issues.
* The ability to install, configure, troubleshoot VMware Virtual Center (VC) server.
* The ability to create/change/delete resource pools in VC.
* The ability to setup user roles in VC by resource pools.
* The ability to setup VMware licensing services in VC.
* The ability to add/remove ESX/ESXi hosts from VC.
* The ability to setup DRS.
* The ability to balance the various VM's based on their resource needs and our available ESX hosts, disks, and network capacity.
* The ability to create VMFS volumes on our NetApp filers and present them to specific ESX host or clusters.
* The ability to setup, script, test, and implement VMware's Site Recovery Manager (SRM).
* NetApp SAN skills a plus.
Physical Requirements of the Position
* Ability to lift up to fifty pounds.
* Ability to install equipment at any position in standard 7 foot EIA Relay Rack or NetApp cabinet.
Please email resumes directly to JHAGLERATVACODOTCOM