LAST UPDATED: Aug 18, 2014
Advantage Resourcing is currently recruiting a Part Time Accounts Payable Clerk in the Denver, Metro area.
Must be available to interview and start the position ASAP.
Pay range $16.00 and $18.00 per hour
Monday through Friday 5 hours per day- Flexible schedule.
Job Summary: Performs under guided supervision a variety of detailed Accounts Payable duties in accordance with standard accounting practices. Employs a strong understanding of Accounts Payable methods, procedures and terms.
Department: Finance and Accounting
Qualifications: Associates degree in Accounting, or related field work/work experience. Strong working knowledge of IBM compatible computers, Microsoft Windows, Office, Word, Excel, Outlook, and accounting software. Good written and verbal communication and human relations skills. Minimum two years of general office experience. Non-profit or fund accounting experience desired. Proven technical proficiency and problem solving.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents, to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community, and to effectively present information to employee groups.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportion, and percentages.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Process payments to vendors
• Monitor vendor statements and investigate billing or payment errors
• Research returned checks
• Process credit invoices
• Maintain records of backup documentation per DBG document retention guidelines
• Oversee and monitor the distribution of 1099 forms and W9’s
• Process payment of refunds
• Provide training on Accounts Payable procedures as needed
• Provide follow-up services on outstanding payments and resolves problems which may arise
• Verifies that adequate backup documentation exists prior to authorizing the release of checks to vendors
• Reconciles Accounts Payable sub-ledger month end reports to General Ledger