Candidates will possess a High school diploma or GED. Associate's degree or equivalent experience preferred. Work history will include three to five years of experience in medical billing, collections, customer service or accounting.
Other qualifications include:
• Ability to conceptualize the flow of information through systems in order to trouble shoot and problem-solve to eliminate and/or prevent processing delays
• Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks in a production-oriented environment
• Ability to work with various internal contacts in a multi-facility environment and external contacts, including governmental agencies, employers, patients, insurance companies, vendors, etc.
• Working knowledge of the assigned area of responsibility
• Must possess excellent mathematical aptitude, attention to detail, and effective organizational skills
• Knowledge of medical terminology, ICD-9 and CPT-4 coding
• Experience operating a personal computer and 10-key calculator
• Demonstrate tact, respect, confidentiality, maturity, and professional behavior
• Ability to work collaboratively and exercise good judgment with minimum supervision
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office preferred and ability to type 45 wpm About Mount Carmel
Serving more than a million patients each year, Mount Carmel is the preferred healthcare provider in central Ohio. Our more than 8,500 employees and 1,500 physicians utilize state-of-the-art facilities, advanced technologies and the latest procedures to accomplish our mission of healing patients’ minds, bodies and spirits, and improving the health of the communities we serve.