Are you looking for a position where you can make a real difference? We have fantastic children who need caring and dedicated nurses to work evenings in Dumont! Days and Nights available. Apply and we can discuss the opportunities.
The Registered Nurse administers skilled nursing care for patients requiring professional nursing service; provides patient and family teaching and supervises other members of the health care team. Each nurse performs nursing services in accordance with the physician’s orders and according to acceptable standards of practice for a registered nurse per the state nursing practice act and under the direction of the Clinical Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Conduct assessments in order to admit patients to the agency’s services
A.Obtains a medical history.
B.Provides a complete physical assessment of the patient at start of care and during each assigned shift/visit to establish a baseline, identify problems and determine changes in condition requiring follow-up and develop interventions needed.
C.Evaluates family in care provision to determine competency, education needed and what assistance will be available from family members in providing care.
D.Interprets nursing and other services of the agency to clients and families as a part of planning for care.
• Continually updates the nursing care plan as needed.
• Adhere to the established care plan and the physician’s plan of treatment
• Provide skilled nursing care as outlined in the nursing care plan to include the following:
A.Nursing services, treatments and procedures requiring substantial specialized skill as ordered by the physician.
B.Initiating rehabilitative nursing services as appropriate for the patient’s care and safety needs.
C.Assesses signs and symptoms, and patients response to treatment; reports changes to the physician requiring changes to the plan of care.
• The Registered Nurse documents assessments, services provided, including changes noted in the patient’s condition, family dynamics and support systems, revises the care plan as needed, evaluates care provided and progress toward goals.
• Maintain the confidentiality of the patient’s condition and clinical record.
• Demonstrate sound clinical judgment
• Maintain professional boundaries with patients and their families
• Represents the professional interests of the company to patients, clients and their family
• Report changes in the patient’s condition to the physician and clinical manager
• Maintain professional demeanor at all times
• Refer questions or concerns patient and/or family member may have regarding Agency policies and procedures or scheduling to appropriate Agency personnel
• Discuss scheduling issues with staffing coordinators. Does not discuss scheduling issues directly with patient’s or their families
• Report incidents, accidents or injuries of either employee or patient to clinical manager or branch director promptly
• Evaluate the effectiveness of the nursing service
• Consult with the clinical manager concerning alterations in the plan of treatment.
• Prepare and submits all required paperwork at least weekly
• Submit summary of services as directed by the clinical manager; discusses issues, problems and concerns relating to patient care or services with the clinical manager
• Ensure care is coordinated among all clinical staff, and external providers (e.g., DME company, respiratory company, etc)
• Cooperate with other agencies providing nursing or related services to provide continuity of care and to implement a comprehensive care plan.
• Is responsible for the care and safekeeping of agency property.
• Participate in staff meetings as directed
• Participate in the planning, operation and evaluation of the nursing service.
• Continually strives to improve nursing care by broadening knowledge through formal education, attendance at workshops, conferences, active participation in professional and related organizations and individual research and reading
• Follow company policies and procedures.
• Maintain licensure in the state(s) of practice.
• Maintain confidentiality regarding all aspects of patients and/or employee information in compliance with HIPAA rules. Maintain compliance with applicable state and federal regulations, company policies/procedures and accreditation standards.