TriStar Centennial Medical Center - Nashville, TNRegistered Nurse (RN) - Cardiac Catheterization Lab/EP Lab
Our 657 bed hospital is both nationally and locally recognized, including being named as one of the nation's Top 100 Hospitals in the areas of cardiology, stroke, orthopedics and breast cancer management. As a result of the continued advances in quality care, many improvements in all areas of healthcare have been made and thousands of lives have been significantly impacted. This position will play a key part in continuing our success! TriStar Centennial Heart and Vascular Center
TriStar Centennial Heart & Vascular Center underwent a large expansion and renovation in 2012 to include new Cath Labs, Cardiovascular Operating Suites, Hybrid Rooms and patient care units to go along with dedicated Cardiovascular admitting, waiting and Imaging areas. Our dedicated Heart and Vascular center offers a distinguished team of heart and vascular experts experienced in the most advanced diagnostic techniques in surgical, interventional, and treatment procedures, delivered with compassionate patient care. TriStar Centennial Heart and Vascular Center Recognition
Cardiac Catheterization/Electrophysiology Lab
- Client Top 100 Hospitals
- 3 Star Designation by the Society of Thoracic Surgeons
- Accredited Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers
- Certified Primary Stroke Center by the Joint Commission
- Distinction Centers for Cardiac Care by Client / Cross
- Accredited by the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of the EchocardiographyLaboratories (ICAEL)
- Cardiac Certification by American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR)
Our medical professionals help diagnose and treat almost every kind of heart disease. We offer the latest, most technologically advanced diagnostic tests and treatments for problems as common as chest pain (angina) or as serious as a heart attack (myocardial infarction). This may involve stents, angioplasty, ultrasound techniques, emboli-protection devices, enhanced external counterpulsation (EECP), and catheter-based cardiac assist devices like the Impella. TriStar Centennial Heart & Vascular Center
offers a variety of highly specialized treatment approaches for patients having difficulty with their heart's rhythm and electrical signaling. Heart rhythm disorders can be treated with medications or with a wide range of electrophysiology, mapping, and ablation procedures as well as devices, such as a pacemaker or defibrillator (ICD). We treat many different forms of arrhythmias, or irregular heartbeats, using surgical techniques, like Pulmonary Vein Isolation (PVI), for:
- Atrial fibrillation (AFIB) (the most common heart rhythm disorder)
- Atrial flutter
- Tachycardia (heart beats too fast)
- Bradycardia (heart beats too slow)
- Supraventricular tachycardia
- Wolfe Parkinson White syndrome
- Ventricular tachycardia
- Neurogenic disorders such as syncope
- Other complex arrhythmias
- Demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development, assessment, range of treatment and care of patients served.
- Demonstrates the facility's Standards of Performance, ICARE values and Patient Promise
- Promotes customer service initiatives.
- Scrubs/assists physician during diagnostic and international cardiac and peripheral angiographic studies.
- Administers medications/IV conscious sedation under physician's direction
- Records, monitors and demonstrates understanding of hemodynamic measurements, valve areas.
- Maintain necessary knowledge to perform daily duties in procedure area by furthering education as needed.
- Reacts accordingly to emergency situations.
- Active participation in precepting new employees and shares knowledge with peers.
- Monitor, record and report symptoms or changes in patients' conditions
- Maintain accurate, detailed reports and records in Meditech and the Hemodynamic Monitoring System.
- Record patients' medical information and vital signs.
- Order, interpret, and evaluate diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient's condition.
- Modify patient treatment plans as indicated by patients' responses and conditions
- Direct or supervise less-skilled nursing or healthcare personnel or supervise a particular unit
- Consult and coordinate with healthcare team members to assess, plan, implement, or evaluate patient care plans.
- Monitors all aspects of patient care, including diet and physical activity.
- Prepare patients for and assist with examinations or treatments.
- Prepare education for patient on discharge instructions.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Tennessee or compact state RN license in good standing
- BLS from AHA required
- ACLS from AHA required within 6 months of hire
- Previous Critical Care experience required; Cath Lab/Cardiac ICU experience preferred
| Clinical Recruiter[Click Here to Email Your Resumé]HCA TriStar Centennial Medical Center
2300 Patterson Street | Nashville, TN 37203
office: 615.342.1829 | fax: 615.342.1845