Dairy Farmers of America is all about milk and the 16,000 dairy farm members who produce it. We are proud to be a cooperative, owned and operated by the dairy farmers whom we serve. We are one of the country's most diversified U.S. manufacturers of dairy products, food components and ingredients. We are a leader in formulating and packaging shelf-stable dairy products in can and glass. We are one of the most vertically-integrated and future-focused co-op and food companies in the industry. We are an organization with over 4,000 employees. We are DFA-the premium provider of market opportunities for farmers and a value-added supplier of innovative dairy products and food components for customers around the world.
Through an in-depth understanding of customer and company business objectives, develops a cohesive vision, business strategy, and action plans that deliver agreed upon sales, profit and expansion results. Accountable for the effective management of all sales activities associated with National Food Service (NFS).
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Works collaboratively with Marketing and other Kemps functions to develop comprehensive business plans to meet NFS growth objectives. Formulates, develops and implements business action plans to achieve goals that are aligned with the overall NFS plan. Incorporates key performance indicators into cascading goals and action plans. Collects, maintains and reports information about competitors, the competitive marketplace and other topics useful to current and future business planning. Ensure all resources are focused on appropriate priorities to maximize positive impact and initiates action to reallocate when necessary.
• Develops and executes a formal business development process to make the best use of Kemps resources and ensures that Sales efforts are focused on high potential growth opportunities with prospects and existing customers. Holds direct reports accountable for utilizing a deliberate, measurable approach to new business development.
• Formally tracks and communicates progress on NFS goals and action plans. Helps the organization understand how actions and decisions fit into the overall plan for short and long-term NFS growth.
• Sets clear direction for NSF sales activity. Works with direct reports to establish and continuously improve sales processes to effectively execute action plans. Assists direct reports in solving problems. Removes barriers and provides guidance as needed. Redirects sales activity as appropriate and holds direct reports accountable for executing action plans.
• Effectively manages P& L for NFS. Develops and implements cost control strategies. Analyzes sales volumes and margins and takes necessary actions to achieve desired results. Identifies gaps and opportunities by asking appropriate questions and working with Finance to obtain financial data. Communicates and interprets financial results for sales teams and explains the connection between team performance and results. Makes decisions and takes action based on what is best not only for NFS, but for the company overall.
• Works closely with Marketing to identify and promote innovative end user solutions that are a good fit for both Kemps and the customer. Collaborates with Marketing to conduct formal planning sessions to ensure Sales and Marketing integration.
• Works as a partner and coach with direct reports to manage their performance and help them effectively manage the performance of those who report to them. Communicates company and cascading goals. Clearly communicates expectations. Assists direct reports in establishing goals that align with NFS and company goals. Provides on-going performance feedback and holds self accountable for conducting at least three formal performance conversations with direct reports each year. Helps people stay focused on priorities and follow up to ensure success. Actively works with direct reports to cultivate capabilities and utilize their strengths.
• Performs other duties as determined by business needs.