Position Description: CarMax is growing! We’re opening multiple stores each year and opening up new regions. And CarMax has been on Fortune Magazine’s list of “100 Best Companies to Work For” for 9 years in a row! Join a team dedicated to customer service and associate development.
This position is responsible for providing Human Resources support for the regional team and store management for multiple retail locations. Scope will include: performance management, positive associate relations, talent development, recruitment and retention strategies, policy and procedure support, and strategic human resources planning.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Partner with the Regional HR Director in the formation and rollout of HR initiatives for the region.
• Work collaboratively with the store management team and regional team on associate relations' issues, corrective action performance management, and terminations; act as an associate advocate when appropriate to meet company goals and objectives.
• Provide leadership and support to managers and associates on policy interpretation and other associate relations matters, including, but not limited to: Performance Management, Internal Administrative Investigations and Training.
• Train a variety of management and associate development classes, including, but not limited to: Interviewing and Selection, Associate Development, Conflict Resolution, Managing Positive Associate Relations and Treating Associates with Respect.
• Assist with associate development by facilitating the Entry Management Assessment Program (MAP), participating in writing Individual Development Plans (IDPs), and interviewing internal and external management candidates.
• Develop, organize and implement recruiting strategies across departments (including direct recruiting and job fairs).
• Review and apply all federal, state, and local laws in conjunction with CarMax policies and procedures; monitor HR metrics, such as Proper Recording of Time, Compass, staffing levels, associate relations dashboard, associate development files, personnel files, I-9’s, etc.
• Participate in and/or manage various projects as assigned.