Responsible for planning, organizing, directing and coordinating all functions of the centers business offices in order to meet the stated mission and goals and objectives of the Center.
The staffing of the Center is based on a teamwork concept. Employees may be cross-trained in other administrative areas and may be expected to perform duties other than their normal ones as staffing and patient needs change.
1. Manages, supervises and monitors all functions of the centers business office.
2. Responsible for assisting Director of Business Operations with data collection associated with the credentialing process.
3. Assists in resolving patient billing questions/complaints which is coordinated with the CBO.
4. Assists with Accounts Receivable activities as necessary, such as, approving cash quotes; reviewing, approving or denying write-off requests
5. Maintains daily deposit log
6. Responsible for evaluation and counseling activities of Business Office personnel
7. Performs other duties as assigned
8. Maintains established Center/departmental policies and procedures
9. Maintains confidentiality of patient and Center related business
10. Develops and maintains an effective working relationship with patients, families, visitors and other Center employees
11. Documents concisely, precisely and accurately on all records or documents as indicated by policy.
12. Participates in Quality Assessment activities as directed for the continuous improvement of patient care and Center business
13. Managing functions and personnel of the Business Office
14. Keep credentials files up to date and in compliance
15. Assure Accounts Receivable activities are performed efficiently and effectively
16. Develop new Business Office policies and procedures as necessary
17. Compliance with facility personnel policies
18. Ability to respond quickly, physically and mentally when priorities and /or situation changes