is a global leader in lightweight metals engineering and manufacturing, Alcoa innovates multi-material solutions that advance our world. Our technologies enhance transportation, from automotive and commercial transport to air and space travel, and improve industrial and consumer electronics products. We enable smart buildings, sustainable food and beverage packaging, high-performance defense vehicles across air, land and sea, deeper oil and gas drilling and more efficient power generation. We pioneered the aluminum industry over 125 years ago, and today, our 60,000 people in 30 countries deliver value-add products made of titanium, nickel and aluminum, and produce best-in-class bauxite, alumina and primary aluminum products. For more information, visit www.alcoa.com, follow @Alcoa on Twitter at www.twitter.com/Alcoa
and follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Alcoa
The position is located in the Alcoa Corporate Center in Pittsburgh, PA on the North Shore. The Tax Specialist - Income Tax Accounting will work solely in the ASC 740(FAS 109) area working closely with the Director – Income Tax Accounting.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely review and analysis of US and non-US income tax accounting and reporting for assigned Alcoa companies and/or regions outside the US.
- Will act as a vital team member on the Income Tax Accounting team as they work on:
- quarterly review and analysis of the effective tax rate, footnote and other SEC disclosures
- local non-US accounting personnel with ASC 740(FAS 109) issues and training
- Working knowledge of Microsoft (excel, word, power point, access)
- Excellent interpersonal skills (written, oral, presentation)
- Excellent analytical skills – must be able to analyze, not just compile information
- Ability to handle multiple processes/projects and plan accordingly
- Self-starter, self-confident and motivated
- Detail oriented but with an ability to understand and work toward the bigger picture
- A team player that takes pride in individual work as well as the work of the entire team
Note: This role could be a JG 19 depending on candidate's experience and qualifications. Flexiblity of work hours may be considered.