Graduate from school of nursing with current license to practice as a Registered
Nurse in the State of Ohio. Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of
Ohio. Minimum of 3 years of cardiology experience preferred (critical care, ED,
cardiology office, cardiac cath lab, EP lab, or related experience). Must be able to work as a member of a team along with effective communication skills. Job Duties Include:
• Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates patient care.
• Collaborates and communicates pertinent clinical information to physicians and other
disciplines regarding plan of care.
• Renders clinical expertise and gives direction for patient care to members of the patient care
team, including licensed and unlicensed care givers, as appropriate.
• Performs or assists with cardiac rhythm management device evaluation via device
interrogation and analysis of data.
• Facilitates optimal clinical effectiveness of the device through the application of technical
knowledge and skills to evaluate device function.
• Plans and implements appropriate device surveillance at intervals based on individual
patient requirements and recommended guidelines. Anticipates and recommends elective
device and /or lead replacement based on individual patient requirements and manufacturer
guidelines. Identifies and intervenes appropriately for complications of device therapy.
• Documents lead and device performance, including anomalous behavior and/or malfunction
of device system components. Documents clinical information and interventions accurately
• Utilizes clinical information and computer systems effectively, in include internet and
Intranet, time-keeping system, and other systems appropriate to area.
• Takes responsibility to facilitate improvements in patient services, staff/physician
relationships, and the working climate
• Assists in the orientation of new staff, supports student’s experience as requested.