Is primarily focused on providing the restaurant clean dishes, silver ware, production and preparation wares, cups, and trays before, during, and after operating hours. Other duties may be assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Personal Appearance- In complete La Brea Bakery uniform: shirt tucked in, clean, and ironed, wearing and visibly displaying name tag; appropriately groomed; no facial piercing; no tongue rings; no visible tattoos
• Positive Attitude-Has a positive and welcoming attitude. Always smiles and goes the extra mile to provide unparalleled service.
• Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance.
• Interpersonal - Listens to others without interrupting.
• Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
Responds well to questions. Communicates all guest issues, concerns, and feedback to management timely and clearly.
• Team Work - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
• Respect - Respects all customers, managers, and other employees.
• Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time. Clearly communicates special requests with management, including shift changes.
• Dependability - Can be counted to help when needed.
• Quality - Is detailed oriented and treats all restaurant equipment with respect.
• Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures.
• Washes, rinses, sanitizes, and stores restaurant dishes
• Takes out the trash
• Takes out the fryer oil utilizing precaution and safety guidelines
• Sweeps and mops
• Cleans fryer per guidelines
• Insures dish washing area is clean and free of clutter
• Neatly organizes dishes and silver wares
• Properly and safely uses the dish washing equipment in order to comply with all company safety guidelines
• Maintains work area and keeps area free of water to avoid slips and falls; posts proper signage to warn other employees of wet or potentially unsafe conditions
• Properly receive, check in, and put away bulk food orders Required Skills
Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• Years of Experience: 1-3 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates / Licence: ServSafe Food Handler Certification
• Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos. Abilityto write simple correspondence. Abilityto effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.