Additional Job Information
Title: Ultrasonographer (Echo Ultrasonographer RCDS)
City, State: Nashville,TN
Location: Saint Thomas Midtown Hospital
Department: Diag Rad HOPD Hospital
Additional Job Details: PRN Days
Saint Thomas Health Services complies with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination in hiring or employment practices on the basis of citizenship, race, color, religion, gender, age, national and ethnic origin, disability, or veteran status.
No question or item on this application for employment is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination. Information obtained through this application will be used solely to determine qualifications and suitability for employment. This application will be valid for a period of 90 days from date of completion.
If you have any questions about the application process or require a reasonable accommodation to complete the application, please contact the Ascension Health Ministry Service Center at 1-855-992-4672 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. EST M-F.
Summary: Echo Ultrasonographer positions.
The Ultrasonographer performs diagnostic procedures on patients using ultrasound waves to examine tissue and body structure, providing quality images to radiologists and physicians for interpretation.
Sets up and adjusts all equipment and manually maneuvers transducers to perform exams.
- Implements safety standards and performs appropriate quality control procedures.
- Performs routine and complex studies and assists physician in a variety of imaging procedures.
- Recognizes significant structures, artifacts, pathology and equipment limitations.
Education & Experience:
Two (2) years experience in medical field preferred.
- Graduate of a accredited educational program in Sonography required.
Licenses & Certifications:
AHA - Heart Saver AED Adult & Pediatric CPR required.
- Reg Diagnostic Medical Sonographer License Required, Must have 1 of the following or be board eligible: RDMS, ARRT-S, ARRT-VS, RVS, RVT, RCS, or RDCS, RCDS, STHe has a 365 day grace period from date of hire or transfer date to obtain certification or course completion.
Saint Thomas Health participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)