1. High school diploma or equivalent is required.
2. Graduation from an approved unit clerk program preferred.
1. Previous experience as a unit secretary is preferred.
1. Must have knowledge and comprehension of clerical duties, some knowledge of medical terminology, and floor management routines.
2. Must have knowledge and ability to operate unit computer equipment.
3. Must have interpersonal and social skills and the ability to remain calm and tactful in stressful situations.
4. Must have good eye hand coordination for using the computer.
5. Must be able to respond efficiently to meet the needs of customer groups.
6. Must be able to give consistent work performance with attention to detail.
7. Must be extremely accurate in recording patient information.
8. Legible handwriting is required.
E. WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Works in a modern, well equipped, temperature controlled environment.
2. Must be able to adapt to rapidly changing workloads, frequent interruptions and stress.
3. May be required to walk, stand, and carry.
4. Must also successfully complete the pre-employment/post job offer health screening examination, and the annual screening each year thereafter as an employee.