CCS’s philosophy is based on the Five H’s - qualities we value in all our team members. The5 H’s are the foundation of how we do business – with our clients, our patients, and our teammates.
• HUNGER - We have the fire to learn, teach, and grow. We encourage each other and ourselves. Teamwork helps everyone reach their goals from the smallest unit to the company as a whole.
• HONESTY - We uphold the highest level of integrity in all our dealings with each other, with clients, and with our patients. Everyone is treated with respect and dignity.
• HARDWORKING - We are willing to outwork and out-think the competition so we remain constant in placing our customers first. We strive for quality in everything we do.
• HUMILITY - No matter how much success we achieve it’s important to remember not to lose our identity. We maintain our loyalty to our community by being good citizens in the areas that we live and work.
• HUMOR - Given the amount of time we put towards our work it is important to have a sense of humor. This allows us to remain passionate and enjoy our work.
Works under the guidance of the IT Security Manager to manage and administer security systems and tools, and helps develop and maintain security policies and procedures. Participates in security lifecycle activities throughout the organization such as assessments, training & awareness, incident response, and project implementation.
•Management and administration of day-to-day information security infrastructure that includes a variety of technologies, including internet security, mobile device security, authentication, IPS/IDS, SIEM, vulnerability tools, and other security technologies as needed.
•Participate in and help lead assessments identifying risks, assets, vulnerabilities and appropriate mitigation strategies and controls.
•Assist with development and testing of information security incident response activities and disaster recovery plans.
•Partner with CCS teams to design, implement, and manage security systems to secure corporate assets and sensitive data in a healthcare driven environment.
•Troubleshoot and resolve the highest level technical issues which may involve multiple infrastructure and security systems or applications and protocols.
•Work with users and consultants to ensure understanding of, and adherence to established information security policies, procedures, and practices. This position should advocate and coordinate security across the entire enterprise.
•Maintain awareness of information security industry best practices, standards, and regulations, including participating in online webinars, journals, certifications, and other publications to stay current with the ever-changing security field.
•Help information security team with other departmental responsibilities such as monitoring, generating reports on security access and activities, and giving management definitive answers on various security topics and requests.
•Documents information security related problems and resolutions using the Track-IT ticketing systems.
•Provides consistent professional support to the CCS organization and performs other duties as assigned.
CCS is an EEO Employer