Exide Technologies has needs for Environmental Health & Safety Professionals in Kansas City, KS!
EHS Leaders, Apply Today
Responsible for the management of facility environmental, health and safety programs required to ensure conformance with corporate policies and compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
• Evaluation, coordination and implementation of programs, policies, practices and activities to control air emissions, monitor industrial wastewater treatment and discharges, manage and minimize solid and hazardous waste, and to manage activities required under the Toxic Substances Control Act, the Emergency Planning and Community Right to Know Act and all other applicable environmental laws and regulations.
• Overall supervision of programs and activities required under the Occupational Safety and Health Act.
• Auditing of facility programs to ensure compliance with applicable regulations.
• Supervision of facility inspections, maintenance of required records and timely submittal of required reports to regulatory agencies.
• Coordination of environmental improvement projects as required.
• Coordination with Corporate Environmental Resources Department on facility programs, activities and responses to regulatory agencies.
• Training and oversight of facility personnel performing environmental, health and safety duties.
• Maintain OSHA 300 Log.
• Follow Lean Manufacturing procedures.
• Comply with current Quality Systems requirements.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Plant Manager.
• Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Health / Safety or equivalent experience
• 3+ years of experience in EHS related fields.
• Comprehensive knowledge of EHS laws and regulations.
• Certified Safety Professional or relevant certification a plus.
• Training and supervisory experience.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret federal, state and local regulations and technical procedures.
• Ability to work effectively with other departments in the development of EHS programs.
• Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
This is your next Opportunity…Offering Great Benefits & Competitive Salary
Submit Your Profile Now!