Qualifications & Responsibilities
Conduct regulatory compliance testing to assess risk, evaluate internal business processes as they relate to compliance activities, and analyze operating procedures. Follow testing procedures and guidelines and develop testing steps where necessary (with appropriate supervision). Document weaknesses and other problems resulting in heightened business risk, while recommending solutions to such situations.
Under the general guidance of a Testing Specialist:
• Directly supervise Analysts or other Senior Analysts during testing if necessary.
• Develop strategy and timing of testing and present to Specialist for approval.
• Assist in the planning and execution of regulatory compliance testing.
• Obtain, analyze, and appraise information as a basis for an informed, objective conclusion on the adequacy and effectiveness of the system and the efficiency of the performance of the activities being reviewed.
• Support additional testing in areas identified for improvement in conjunction with Compliance management.
• Prepare work papers in compliance with internal testing policies to describe test steps, document testing results, and communicate the conclusion of testing accurately.
• Evaluate testing observations to improve policies, procedures, efficiency and controls.
• Present observations to the Compliance Advisory contact and business owners and lead meetings with minor direction from Specialists or Management.
• Assist in other aspects of completing the testing plan such as identification of regulatory applicability and drafting reports/memos.
• Aid other areas of compliance as needed (i.e. regulator exams, statement testing, web reviews, etc.)
REPORTS TO: Specialist, Compliance Testing
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
• 2 or more years Compliance, Public Accounting, Internal Audit or other relevant experience
• Knowledge of related regulatory requirements
• Self starter, highly motivated
• Ability to work in a team collaborative environment
• Ability to work effectively and independently with business management
• Prioritization skills and ability to recognize roadblocks
• Deadline driven
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
• Familiarity with Word and Excel required; ACL and PeopleSoft a plus