As a Finance Manager, you will be part of PNC's Corporate Finance staff. This position is on the Asset Management Group Finance Control team. This position is ideal for self starters and strategic thinkers who are eager to work in a challenging environment. You must be adept at analyzing and understanding a business and comfortable with telling the financial story of the business.
You will use both financial and analytical skills to plan and execute critical Control team functions including but not limited to budgeting, forecasting, month end close, internal and external reporting, and analysis of results. Your responsibilities will also include contributing to the semiannual Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review work sets. You will also assume responsibility for various projects and you will partner with the AMG Finance Management team to ensure the team is properly aligned to overall Corporate Finance projects, deliverables and deadlines.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
* Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance required
* Certifications such as a CPA or CMA and/or MBA graduate degree is preferred for this function to ensure that the candidate has an adequate knowledge base to manage functions and activities within the department, to make appropriate decisions and to review reports, activities, and analysis with the appropriate rigor.
* Seven to ten years of relevant experience and 3-5 years of Supervisor experience preferred
* Strong working knowledge of financial accounting, accounting systems, financial reporting and financial analysis.
* Experience in both the budget and forecast processes including planning, executing, reviewing and analyzing results to build and tell the story to Senior Management.
* Experience in creating long term balance sheet forecasts using business drivers and statistical analyses to support PNC's overall Capital Analysis and Review process.
* Excellent working knowledge of computers including spreadsheet, database management, graphics and word processing applications.
* Demonstrated competency in analytical and written and verbal communication skills. Should possess effective leadership skills.
* Dedicated to not only meeting, but also exceeding the expectations and requirements of internal as well as external customers.
* Consistently strives to exceed goals and expectations; possesses a high need for achievement and a commitment to quality work products, ability to motivate others to accomplish results in a similar manner.
* Effectively solves problems by applying a systematic assessment of alternatives.
* Identifies what is important and should be focused on to achieve objectives.
* Communicates effectively with senior management; demonstrates a high-level of professionalism; inspires confidence and credibility.