High Voltage Maintenance (HVM), a wholly owned subsidiary of Emerson, is an industry leader in electrical testing, maintenance and engineering services helping utilities, industrial, financial and government clients throughout the United States improve the reliability and performance of their electrical distribution systems. HVM offers a full range of services including complete electrical distribution system commissioning and start-up services, and electrical and safety training. Priding itself on workplace safety and unparalleled expertise in the field, HVM has more than 10 offices in the U.S.
HVM is currently seeking an Electrical Studies Engineer to support our service offerings in the Dayton, Ohio area. Candidates must live in this area to be considered for this position.
Electrical Studies Engineer
The primary function will be to perform power system and engineering studies while providing technical support to service center personnel.
Duties and Responsiblities
- Perform power system studies including: ground fault settings, short circuit, and simple protective device coordination.
- Perform engineering studies or portions of very complex studies including: reliability, harmonics, arc-flash and reliablity centered maintenance studies.
- Perform electrical power system documentation including: system configuration, equipment ratings and settings.
- May perform circuit and system measurements and write reports relating to: EMF, electrical load, voltage, and power quality.
- Prepare estimates and take-offs for engineering study project proposals.
- Review reports for technical content and accuracy.
- Perform Arc Flash studies which may include: data collection, short-circuit coordination studies, arc flash evaluations, labeling, and training.
Required Education and/or Experience
Additional Company Information
- Graduate Engineer BSEE, BSEET
- Professional standing; possesses or working toward P.E. license.
- Requires individual with good judgement, energetic, discliplined, dependable, and responsible.
- Requires several years of experience (10+ years) performing electrical engineering analysis.
- Requires excellent verbal and writing skills to communicate effectively with clients, field engineers, peers, and management.
- Requires sound grounding and experience in electrical engineering principles and analysis.
- Requires a good working knowledge of NETA, NFPA 70E, and Doble engineering specifications
- Membership in IEEE desired.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and opportunity for personal and professional growth.
High Voltage Maintenance is an equal opportunity employer. It will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, sex, religion, age, national origin, color, disability, or veteran status. HVM is committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.