Republic Media, Gannett Co., Inc. is seeking a Sr. Human Resources Business Partner. This professional will report to the West Group HR Director and VP of HR, Gannett Broadcast, supporting the HR needs for the site covering both Broadcast (KPNX) and the Arizona Republic. This position will coordinate recruitment and retention initiatives, training opportunities and maintain effective employee relations. This position must be able to provide quality human resource products and services that are responsive to and aligned with the business strategy. Successful candidate must have the capability and flexibility to work with a diverse group of employees. This is a seasoned HR Generalist position that will be instrumental in facilitating an employee-oriented, high performance workplace culture.
- This professional must be able to work effectively with the all levels of management in discussions regarding performance management, organizational design, coaching, and training.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and high level of responsivement.
- Manage employee relations issues for your client groups.
- Think creatively and innovatively to solve new and old HR challenges within the organization.
- Must be able to demonstrate professional presentation and conflict resolution skills.
- The ability to react productively to change and effectively multi-task is critical
- Prepare deliverables and reports accurately within time deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Human Resources or equivalent is required.
- 8+ years of progressive HR Experience with 5 yrs of HR Business Partner experience
- Must possess strong customer service skills and a high level of responsiveness.
- Ability to build relationships at all levels within the organization.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal laws regarding employment, wage and hours, OSHA and related laws.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with internal and external customers.
- Ability to coordinate several tasks simultaneously.
- Detail oriented and able to react to change productively.
- Strong ethical standards and integrity are a must.
- Proficient knowledge/ability with all Microsoft Office Applications
- HR Experience within Broadcast or Media Industry
- Master’s degree or HR certification is preferred
- Management experience
Here's what we have to offer:
We offer an extremely competitive compensation plan that rewards top performers and offers uncapped incentives, career growth opportunities, continuous training with a focus on becoming the best in sales.
We also offer you a full benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, employee discounts, 401(k) with company match and domestic partner benefits.
About Republic Media:
Republic Media is the #1 News Source in the Valley and proud to be a part of Gannett. We are a consultative media company and we provide our customers with a means to deliver their advertising message to the right audience in the most effective way. From digital and social media to print and direct mail, Republic Media encompasses an array of products including azcentral.com, The Arizona Republic, 12 News, and La Voz.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an international media and marketing solutions company that informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its powerful network of broadcast, digital, mobile and publishing properties. Our portfolio of trusted brands offers marketers unmatched local-to-national reach and customizable, innovative marketing solutions across any platform. Gannett is committed to connecting people – and the companies who want to reach them – with their interests and communities. For more information, visit www.gannett.com.
Gannett employees are hired, promoted and rewarded on the basis of talent, performance and dedication. We cannot afford to deprive the company of capable people and will not allow harassment or discrimination based on race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, disability or veteran status.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer