As a Lead Software Engineer (IBM BPM), you will join PNC's Information Technology group, and will be instrumental in helping to maintain PNC's reputation for technology excellence in both business applications and new innovations.
Working under broad guidance, your team and area will be responsible for performing application software development for system enhancements potentially across a variety of technology platforms. You will also augment your skills on such projects as system enhancements and operational and technical support for routine and non-complex system functions for our Lines of Business (LOB) service partners. You will develop complex application software for system enhancements and assess and determine design considerations including application programs. You may also modify databases, client reports, internal reports, and online presentations.
You will be located in either Brecksville, OH or Pittsburgh, PA and join our Consumer Lending Technology supporting several mission-critical, workflow and rules based applications. Responsibilities for the BPI Software Engineer Lead Developer will include:
* Participate in all phases of SDLC including business requirements collection, analysis, sizing, design, development, testing, deployment and production support.
* Primarily responsible for IBM BPM Development and work closely with the onsite and off-shore team on daily basis to develop BPM solutions.
* Work with onsite/offshore team in writing detailed Functional and Technical Design documents.
* Perform unit, integration and System testing of new BPM solutions.
* Ability to work under tight deadlines to deliver high quality software for a new application from scratch.
* Work with various testing teams in close collaboration to learn and validate the business user scenarios for functional, systems integrated and user acceptance testing.
* Work with the performance testing team to ensure all aspects, user interfaces, integrations and user scenarios of the developed applications can be performance and load tested before actual implementation.
* Create detailed design documentation based on technical and business requirements
* Collaborate with process architects to document and create test plans
* Recognize the potential for reuse of project components, and how to design for reusability
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent in an IT-related field with 7-10 years related experience
* Possess an expert and thorough understanding of IT concepts including database concepts structures, software/application development techniques and testing techniques
* Expert and thorough understanding of core technologies contained within the LOB application supported
* Professional experience with planning, designing, developing, and deploying production applications (multiple platforms experience preferred)
* Strong verbal and written communications skills
* Must have the ability to interact with all levels of management and teams
Preferred skills, education, and experience include:
* Strong Working experience with BPM tools, preferably IBM Business Process Manager or Lombardi Teamworks software.
* Solid proven hands-on development experience in Java & J2EE framework on Unix/Windows environment. Experience in eclipse development platform.
* Strong Development experience including Systems Integrations, working experiences with databases and data modeling, web services and Java/J2EE.
* Solid relational database experience with good command of SQL, PL/SQL and JDBC with Oracle database.
* Must be a self-starter, analytical, team player, and a good problem-solver.
* 2 years of business process design, business analysis, business/process improvement, business requirements definition, and solution implementation project experience with a wide variety of business processes.
* Preferable hands-on use of BPMN process modeling tools such as Microsoft Visio, but preferably IBM Blueworks Live
* Analytical, methodical, detail-oriented, organized, energetic, hard-working, provides thought-leadership, can produce deliverables independently, can interface at all levels of the organization
* Understanding of different development methodologies and strategies
* Experience with technologies such as DOJO, SQL