As an Infrastructure Engineer II ( Voice ) and a member of PNC's Information Technology group, you will be part of a diversified financial services firm that reflects the needs, values and goals of our customers, employees, communities and shareholders. You will be instrumental in helping to maintain PNC's reputation for technology excellence in both business applications and new innovations. Your area is responsible for performing engineering of all PNC technology hardware and software infrastructure layers, including desktop, servers, storage, data and voice network, and security.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- Extensive system administration experience in Avaya technology on the following platforms: Communication Manager, Session Manager, System Manager, AES, CMS, Modular Messaging and Vector routing.
- Compresive knowledge of carrier circuits/routing including of local, long distance, toll free and SIP
- A general understanding or experience in voice platform peripherals and how they connect to voice infrastructure (such as IVR, CTI, Dialers, call recording and other voice applications).
- Excellent customer service and communication skills are required to to interact with at times end users.
- Ability to support projects off hours
A strong team player with good interpersonal skills As an integral part of this dynamic and progressive team, you will perform more complicated engineering activities, aligning PNC solutions with the company's business objectives for value-added results. This position combines both autonomy and team and manager support as you work with various service partners from PNC's Lines of Business to help develop and test systems for user acceptance of engineering deliverables. You will also provide operational and technical support for routine and non-complex system operational functions for the infrastructure domains supported.
The position can be located in Pittsburgh, PA, Cleveland, OH, or Columbus, OH.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in an IT-related field. Equivalent experience will be considered in lieu of education.
- 2 to 4 years of related experience.
- Possess a strong understanding of IT concepts including network structures, operating system capabilities and application architecture requirements.
- Develops a strong understanding of core infrastructure technologies required by the enterprise that will be supported. Strong verbal and written communications skills