If you enjoy providing extraordinary technical support and solving customer issues, then you could be our next Technical Service Engineer at Manitowoc Cranes* in Manitowoc, WI.
As a Technical Service Engineer, you’ll be responsible for satisfying internal and external customer requests for aftermarket service to include, crane system diagnostics and troubleshooting, crane rigging, parts recommendations, periodic after hour cell phone coverage and occasional (20% to 25%) travel in support of field activities. In addition, support internal Crane Care reliability and quality data analysis as well as new product development team support including design implementation reviews and potential field problem and service ability analysis.
If you’re up to the challenge, the reward is satisfaction . . . and knowing you helped build something real. Join our passionate team and help build something you can be proud of – a future filled with passion, pride, and satisfaction.
• Accurate troubleshooting of crane system problems; fully document all reported customer complaints in order to provide data for continuous improvement programs.
• Support the testing of the product at the factory and in the field until the product is released for production;
• Maintain customer service expertise through continued technical training and advanced education opportunities;
• Support new product development through participation in and support of integrated product development teams, as well as the integrated product customization process;
• Diagnose product issues with customers, suppliers and representatives, analyze root causes and utilize methods for early indicators of warranty problems.
• Develop serviceability analysis with our product support and field service groups, including areas of structural, hydraulic, mechanical, electrical and/or control systems designs
• Utilize statistical techniques to predict product failure rates and quality improvement activities.
• Improve product reliability through analysis of field samples, statistical analysis and design changes while coordinating with Quality Engineering team.
• Develop replacement parts inventory list with our inventory and product supply groups
• Work with and coordinate activities with customers, distributors, product suppliers, technical publications, training, and service through the project.
• Participate in design reviews of the product representing the aftermarket support group
• Safety - Maintain departmental housekeeping and 5S standards, perform job functions in a safe manner, wear all PPE required by Company Policy were required, know & follow established job specific and facility wide safety & health procedures and rules, participate in safety and health training & demonstrate competency based on training received, and bring safety and health issues, unsafe acts, and safety suggestions to management’s attention or correct those you can.