The Project Accounting position requires an individual to have 3-8 years of applicable project accounting experience to include project setup, project billing and maintenance, supplier/subcontractor invoice processing, revenue recognition, accounts receivable, and budgeting/forecasting.
Qualified candidates will need to possess basic analytical and problem solving skills, good oral and written skills, a good understanding operational/financial accounting. Candidates must be able to work independently as a dedicated individual to the Controller’s Team and be able to demonstrate flexibility while delivering clear results. Candidates in this role will be expected to work closely with other analysts, sector project managers, and other internal partners while also completing their own work. We are looking for people who want a career in Finance and want to be part of a talented fast-paced environment.
• Perform project month end close functions to include: analyzing expense entries, revenue recognition, general ledger review, journal entries (accruals & reclasses), balance sheet reconciliation & P&L management
• Develops month over month various analysis as well as forecast and budget variance analysis
• Primary project contact for fiscal year budgeting - helps coordinate budgeting process and builds necessary tools for budget preparation.
• Work with Assistant Controller on corporate reporting requirements to include: AR explanations, WIP explanations and balance sheet entries.
• Partner with project managers to highlight projects with opportunities for improvement
• Work with PMs to generate draft invoices for review and ensure final invoice to client in a timely manner.
• Report WIP and Accounts Receivable results and projections statistics as required by Management.
• Coordinate with project managers on review of AP to include subcontractor reviews.
• Maintain proper documentation per company policy for internal (SOX) and external audits.
• Perform ad-hoc reporting and additional assignments commensurate directed by the Controller, Project Manager, and/or Sector Lead.
• Revenue recognition on Fixed Priced percent complete, T&M, Fixed Fee & Benefits funded contracts
• Accounting policy under IFRS
• Able to work in a fast paced enviroment
At CGI, we’re a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company - one that has grown to 68,000 professionals located in 40 countries. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients - and for our members. Come grow with us. Learn more at www.cgi.com.
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability. Please click here to Apply On-Line
.Cliquez svp ici pour postuler en ligne