Design, implement, and support the infrastructure and middleware at the heart of the DeltaV process control system’s runtime environment. The software runs on a variety of embedded platforms and Windows machines, and provides network communication, security, operating system abstraction and control system business logic. The code you develop will satisfy a range of reliability requirements and heterogeneous node capabilities.
You’ll develop software for systems that scale from small to very large in a robust fashion, and that support high availability requirements. You’ll work on frameworks to support a variety of applications on diverse hardware and software platforms, as well as components that implement behavior specific to the DeltaV system. This work will be done using some of the latest development platforms and technologies.
Software in the runtime encompasses a wide range functionality, so a strong candidate for this position will be able to apply sound software development processes and skills to a diverse set of problems. An ideal candidate will also possess networking software development experience and knowledge. You will also have the potential to lead development teams.
- Produce software designs and code based on requirements and concept documents
- Lead small teams of developers on projects
- Write high-quality, high-performance, secure code that runs on multiple platforms
- Perform unit and integration testing
- Review designs and code from team members
- Investigate and resolve customer issues with released products
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field, as well as a solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- 4 - 6 years relevant experience (OR Master’s degree + 3 - 5years), including developing software as part of complex systems.
- Experience with C++, or C#, as well as Object Oriented development
- Embedded software development experience
- Solid software engineering skills
- Excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
The company will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this position. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Relocation benefits may be available for this position.
About Emerson Process Management
DeltaV helps improve plant operations of some of the best known manufacturers in the world by harnessing today’s predictive technologies in an easy, intuitive and interoperable way. We’re located in Round Rock, TX, a suburb of Austin, in the middle of a nationally-renowned technology and creative center that draws talented people and leading companies from across the world to its high quality of life, live entertainment, and active lifestyles.
Emerson’s Process Systems and Solutions
business provides automation technology and consulting services to allow process manufacturers to make the most of their operations while reducing costs and minimizing safety and environmental risks. Today, our control systems run more than 10,000 plants in 135 countries around the world. Our customers rely on us to solve their toughest challenges, and it’s a commitment we take very seriously.
We’re seeking high-impact people, true innovators at the core, whose ideas can change the world. If you’re looking for a company that recognizes and rewards your abilities, provides global opportunities to advance your career, and fosters an environment to learn and develop, Emerson may be for you. Consider joining our team of more than 7,000 Process Systems and Solutions employees across the globe.
Equal Opportunity Employer
APPLY NOW! (you will be redirected from the Emerson careers site)
It is Process Systems and Solutions' policy to recruit, hire, train and promote people in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or age and any other factor prohibited by law.