For over 150 years, PNC has grown into one of America's most respected banks, because we're committed to helping customers and employees reach their goals. You can depend on PNC to provide the training you need, along with an inclusive culture that recognizes your talent, values diversity and cares about social responsibility. Working with us means having an opportunity you can feel good about, with a Fortune 200 company that's been selected as a 'Great Place To Work' by Gallup.
As a Software Engineer II, you will join PNC's Information Technology group, and will be instrumental in helping to maintain our reputation for technology excellence in both business applications and new innovations. Working under the guidance of senior engineers and your manager, your team and area will be responsible for performing application software development for system enhancements, potentially across a variety of technology platforms.
You will develop specifications for moderately complex software programming applications and modify/maintain the existing software possibly across a variety of technology platforms. You will also assess and determine design considerations including application programs containing business logic
and possibly modify databases, client reports, internal reports and online presentations.
Candidate is required to have 2+ years of hands-on experience with:
- Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Object Oriented Programming,
- J2EE/Java/JSP/AJAX Application Development,
- HTML5, CSS and jQuery
- Experience building database driven web applications a major plus
- Experienced with Eclipse IDE development environment.
- Must have experience and an understanding of how to implement applications using Model View and Controller (MVC) utilizing the Struts framework, and must have a working knowledge of the Hibernate technology for persistence management.
- The candidate must also be able to demonstrate competence with UML (Use case diagrams, activity diagrams, sequence diagrams and class diagrams) along with having working knowledge of both Waterfall and AGILE software development lifecycle approaches.
- The candidate will be expected to communicate with technical staff and various business clients to aide in the gathering of new requirements and to identify root cause of application issues.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in an IT related field