A Data Warehouse Software Engineer provides pro-active design, development, enhancements, acceptance testing, implementation and support of efficient and effective data warehousing for the financial industry for medium to large-scale projects. Software Engineers write and modify programs based on project specifications and client submissions. They work closely with other team members to resolve questions of program intent, output requirements and input data use. Software Engineers maintain or create a variety of programs existing at different levels of complexity as well as functionality.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
*Develop, unit test and system test software for delivery of new end user data warehouse applications and provide consulting services to support the development of data warehouse business applications and the integration of third party applications.
*Develop automated solutions to the client's business needs, estimating required hours, establishing project schedules and task assignments, monitoring project progress, and implementing new or modified applications. Throughout the process, provide ongoing communication and coordination with internal personnel to achieve the desired results in a timely and effective manner.
*Aid in educating internal and external clients about the day-to-day operation and capabilities of their data warehouse applications.
*Maintain an active participation in the systems development/maintenance process to support the external clients’ business needs through the development, unit testing, system testing and implementation of the data warehouse.
*Develop product solutions - including new and modified legacy system solutions, interfaces to host systems, new and existing PC packages, possible purchase of programs to add to system, etc. Must be aware of cost/benefit ratios of proposed solutions.
*Actively participate in user acceptance testing of software to ensure error free software releases that meet client and Fiserv expectations on quality and timeliness
*Review written communication to Clients regarding new data warehouse products and system changes (product announcements and documentation) using system experience to ensure enhancement announcements are clear, concise, accurate, timely, and client orientated.
*Track and report project status using Fiserv reporting tools. Communicate information regarding project status as necessary, notifying management of any major concerns or significant project delays.
*Actively participate in problem resolution, professional services and data warehouse conversion activity.
* Responsible for evaluating client requests for new or modified programs, and investigating current operational procedures
*Detail-oriented, can communicate clearly and work well in a team environment
*Ability to effectively communicate with the various Fiserv departments as well as Fiserv’s end customers
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
Degree in Computer Science, Business, Math, Finance or Management Information Systems preferred
Job Related Experience:
4-6 years experience with Data Warehouse applications
• Experience with database report writing tools
• Strong organizational skills.
• Excellent/demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
• Effective interface with middle management
• Demonstrated analytical skills
• Produce quality work under time constraints
• Ability/willingness to travel (limited)
• Experience with Microsoft® Word & Excel
• 2-4 years experience/knowledge of the Fiserv Cleartouch system
• Experience with Hyperion Enterprise Management Report Studio development
• Experience with Cognos 10 Insight and Report Studio development
• Experience designing and coding Dashboard applications and skills in graphical presentation
• Experience with Microsoft® Visio & PowerPoint
• Experience with Oracle database development
• Experience with Oracle PLSQL development
• Experience with Data Warehouse concepts
• Experience with .NET, VB.NET, Visual Basic
• Experience with SQL Server database development
• Experience with WCF, Web Services and n-Tier architecture