VHA Inc. is a national network of not-for-profit health care organizations working together to improve performance and efficiency in clinical, financial and operational management. Since 1977, when VHA established the first hospital membership organization, the company has applied its knowledge in analytics, contracting, consulting and network development to help members and customers achieve their strategic objectives.
In 2012, VHA delivered $1.9 billion in savings and additional value to members. Serving 5,100 health system members and affiliates, VHA represents more than a quarter of the nation’s community hospitals. VHA also serves more than 118,000 non-acute health care customers enterprise-wide. VHA is based in Irving, Texas, and has 12 regional offices across the U.S. VHA has been ranked as one of the best places to work in health care by Modern Healthcare since the publication introduced this list in 2008. Title: Director, Analytics and InsightsLocation: Irving, TX Summary:
Provides leadership and critical oversight to support the data, analytics and insights that are foundational for VHAs healthcare integrated performance strategy. Responsibilities:
- Provides critical analytical insights to support VHA’s data strategy through data modeling, unique and meaningful clinical, operational and financial correlations, risk stratification, trending and short and long term projections.
- Assists in building a team of expert data modelers to assess and to drive meaningful insights
- Provides the data vision required to continuously improve solutions and member deliverables to meet the acute and non-acute healthcare needs.
- Serves as the data subject matter expert in source, definitions and methodologies
- Identifies enhancement needs to improve analytical efficiency and increase member value
- Collaborates across various departments including but not limited to Technology Development, Solutions Management, P & A and Advisory teams.
- Develop predictive analytics and visualization tools to deliver new insights to our customers
- College degree in statistics, applied math or similar field preferred.
- Proven ability to perform complex data modeling and analytics to meet client requirements.
- Knowledge of various Hospital Information Systems and Decision Support Systems such as EMR, Clinical and UB-04 Data streams
- Excellent process and project management skills required including the ability to manage a significant volume of projects with exercise of good triage and judgment skills
- Experience translating business needs into data models and predictive algorithms analytics
- Experience in Data Science and dealing with very large data sets and big data technologies, such as Hadoop
- Experience with both SQL and NoSQL based databases and technology stacks
- Experience with machine learning algorithms and predictive analytics
- Experience with data visualization frameworks and tools (e.g. d3)
- Experience with developing and delivering a business analytics solution to the market
- Experience in a multiple domain specific languages for data analysis and statistics.
- Experience with analysis of health care claims and membership data
- Familiarity with the concepts of ETL and Data Warehousing, SQL Server a ++
- Experience with Claims based Risk Adjusters is preferred
- Data presentation expertise including best practices for tables and visualizations public/population health, healthcare sciences, statistics, mathematics, economics, or actuarial science is preferred.
- Hospital Quality Indicators and Core Measure data analysis is a plus
- Strong communication, problem solving and organizational skills
VHA offers an exceptional employee benefits package.
Equal Opportunity Employer Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The Company is committed to equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, ethnicity, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status or any other category protected by applicable law.