As a Staff Software Engineer, and a member of the Software Applications team, you will work on medical diagnostic applications predominantly in the Java language running on a Windows desktop. You will work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. We are looking for a well-rounded, collaborative, creative individual with a knack for problem solving, a strong sense of software design and solid coding skills. You should be comfortable juggling multiple projects, and working both independently and as a member of a team.
* Part of a software engineering team that develops software for commercial products, manufacturing test systems and in-house research
* Provide technical leadership in the Applications development team, translating software architecture into design and implementation
* Develop architecture, design and prototypes for platform technologies and UI frameworks
* Hands-on development: design, prototype, implement and maintain software applications
* Projects will involve GUI development, back-end logic development, as well as mathematical data analysis, data acquisition and data storage
* Work well in a team environment, as well as with internal and external customers
* Work with the team to continue to optimize the software development process while maintaining a high quality product; ensure standards and procedures are being adhered to