Director of Nursing, Medical Surgical Critical Care
The beautiful Sonoma County Wine Country is looking for a Director of Nursing, Medical Surgical Critical Care that can envision the continued improvement of health and quality care to a community hospital just north of the San Francisco Bay Area.
Director of Nursing manages the following departments: Medical Surgical, Critical Care, Telemetry, Family Birth Center, and their functions across the continuum of care area and provide integrated services in a fiscal manner through direction, support and the development of staff and supervisors while collaborating with other hospital directors, administrative staff, agencies, and groups in the community. The departments each have a Nurse Manager that reports to the Director of Nursing, who is one out of the two Directors of Nursing that report directly to the Chief Nursing Officer.
Director of Nursing, Medical Surgical Critical Responsibilities are:
- Improving Performance: Strengthening the focus on excellence in a culture that measures quality and continuous improvement of performance to meet the needs and expectations of patients and the community.
- Communication: The primary key to relationships is demonstrated by creating open, honest, and respectful exchange.
- Stewardship: Responsibility and accountability is assumed for fiscal management of specific departments across all entities for collaboration between staff and physicians.
- Competency: A work environment is developed that promotes mutual respect, participation, growth, and effective use of employee talents.
- Planning: Initiating the strategic, operational, programmatic and other plans or policies to achieve the overall mission and vision by providing efficient and effective services.
Winning the Gallup Great Workplace Award for 2007 exemplifies the values-based and community-focused organization. This is a family-like hospital where the Director of Nursing, Medical Surgical Critical must appreciate working in a close-knit nature. Someone coming from a bigger hospital with fresh ideas is appreciated.