As a Software Engineer Lead (Informatica ETL), you will join PNC's Information Technology group, and will be instrumental in helping to maintain PNC's reputation for technology excellence in both business applications and new innovations. Working under broad guidance, your team and area will be responsible for performing application software development for system enhancements potentially across a variety of technology platforms. You will also augment your skills on such projects as system enhancements and operational and technical support for routine and non-complex system functions for our Lines of Business (LOB) service partners. You will develop complex application software for system enhancements and assess and determine design considerations including application programs. You may also modify databases, client reports, internal reports, and online presentations.
The successful candidate will join our Risk Management Process Technology team located in Pittsburgh, PA as a Lead Engineer supporting a project focused on building out a new parallel production environment with new data model with new dashboard with enhanced reporting and ad-hoc reporting for the Risk LOB. It will also include a new User Interface architecture to assist with data entry in a secure and auditable environment. The goal is to replace the existing dashboard and data model with the new dashboard and database and roll-out to a broader user base with organized training.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent in an IT-related field with 7-10 years related experience
* Possess an expert and thorough understanding of IT concepts including database concepts structures, software/application development techniques and testing techniques
* Expert and thorough understanding of core technologies contained within the LOB application supported
* Professional experience with planning, designing, developing, and deploying production applications (multiple platforms experience preferred)
* Strong verbal and written communications skills
* Must have the ability to interact with all levels of management and teams
Preferred technical qualifications include the following:
* Leadership abilities ' including the ability to mentor junior software engineers
* Detailed knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
* Familiarity with various project methodologies
* Database knowledge (Oracle, DB2)
* Strong customer facing verbal and written communications skills
* Functional use on Unix platform
* ETL (Extract Translate and Load) code development and deployment
* Informatica working knowledge
* OBIEE/ Tableau reports development experience
Additional experience with the Harvest Version control environment, Java (developing screen design & web development best practices), MS Project working knowledge, familiarity with the Clarity time reporting tool, and Warehouse solution knowledge is nice to have but not required.