Position: Sales Associate
Reports to: Store Manager/Assistant Store Manager/Key Holders
Level: Position Summary:
The Sales Associate’s main role is to effectively share TOMS giving stories, our culture and our products with the local communities we belong to. Sales Associates deliver the ultimate personalized customer care to each and every guest in our stores, consistently going above and beyond customer expectations. Participation in community events, TOMS culture and teamwork is highly emphasized and encouraged.Candidate Profile:
We expect you to have a passion and knowledge about TOMS giving program. You provide customers with an unforgettable store experience by creating a comfortable atmosphere and demonstrating TOMS culture by story telling about our giving and wearing relevant TOMS products on the retail floor. You engage customers in conversation by sharing information on our local events and community initiatives, and create lasting relationships with community influencers.Position Expectations:
- Ensures exceptional customer care delivered to customers 100% of the time.
- Passionately educates customers on TOMS giving program and the One for One ™ movement on and off the retail floor.
- Takes a stand as an advocate for TOMS’ values and culture.
- Assists in preparing the store for the day including: replenishing product, cleaning retail and café areas, answering phone and email inquiries, ensures POS and payments systems are operating correctly.
- Responsible and dependable time management, ability to work independently when given a task.
- Extraordinary customer interaction skills, always solution oriented with customers.
- Unpack boxes for inventory as required. Boxes can weigh up to 50 lbs.
The TOMS Associate will be successful in this role when they can not only execute the following tasks, but also train fellow associates and see successful results in the following areas:
Qualifications & Experience:
- Customer: Explains why and how we give and the concept behind story telling
- Community: Works directly with Community Key Holder to execute community initiatives, understands what a grassroots participative event looks like, ensures digital content (Instagram) is brand aligned.
- Product: Accurately recalls current season styles and color ways, differentiates between quality and materials used in different lines and corroborating giving stories, describes show-ready visual merchandising.
- Operations: Understands the daily sales goal and give for retail and café.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in retail sales, hospitality, merchandising, or marketing.
- Self-motivated, organized, and entrepreneurial.
- Passionate about giving, upbeat, friendly and authentic.
- Knowledge of the footwear marketplace a plus.
- Experience using various POS systems.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights & weekends as business dictates.
Our Mission is to improve lives through business. As an employee of TOMS we are strongly committed to this mission and to our values. Everything we do is a balance in profitability and giving and keeping this in balance is key to our success. In an effort to further our mission and add value we expect our employees to be aligned to our core values. TOMS values and behaviors are:
- We are a movement – We leverage storytelling to inspire people to connect to our global movement. We create advocacy for this movement in every interaction with our customers, partners, and employees.
- We will be Entrepreneurial – We are curious and innovative. We allow ourselves the space to fail. We can be successful by taking a scrappy approach to business.
- We expect a lot from each other – Collaboration across boundaries and borders is required in order to achieve our common goals. Leading with authenticity and humility will be needed. We work, give, and succeed as a team while also having fun.
- We are committed to a long term vision – We do not allow short-term gains to compromise our goals of making a lasting impact.