CCS’s philosophy is based on the Five H’s - qualities we value in all our team members. The5 H’s are the foundation of how we do business – with our clients, our patients, and our teammates.
• HUNGER - We have the fire to learn, teach, and grow. We encourage each other and ourselves. Teamwork helps everyone reach their goals from the smallest unit to the company as a whole.
• HONESTY - We uphold the highest level of integrity in all our dealings with each other, with clients, and with our patients. Everyone is treated with respect and dignity.
• HARDWORKING - We are willing to outwork and out-think the competition so we remain constant in placing our customers first. We strive for quality in everything we do.
• HUMILITY - No matter how much success we achieve it’s important to remember not to lose our identity. We maintain our loyalty to our community by being good citizens in the areas that we live and work.
• HUMOR - Given the amount of time we put towards our work it is important to have a sense of humor. This allows us to remain passionate and enjoy our work.
The Regional Medical Director is responsible for the clinical elements of the entire system including professional duties. They supervise physicians and mid-level practitioners and provide general supervision to practitioners in clinical disciplines other than medicine. Also may have to provide services to prisoners and consult professional and custodial staff.
• Assists in the development of the clinical and managerial skills of the site medical staff.
• Assumes responsibility for clinical program operations in accordance with ACA, NCCHC, CCS and facility policy and procedure and state standards and regulations.
• Impacts directly on patient care through the development of appropriate clinical guidelines, polices, and procedures as well as discussion of individual case management and as needed individual patient evaluation through physical assessment and chart reviews.
• Supervises the Quality Improvement Coordinator in the development, implementation, training and monitoring of the Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) program. Maintains ultimate responsibility for the CQI program.
• Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
CCS is an EEO Employer