Provides and plans the daily nursing activities and care as prescribed by the physician and in accordance with accepted standards of nurse practice and regulations. Promotes a positive physical and psychosocial environment for the residents.Job Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Plans and directs ongoing care in collaboration with shift supervisor, recognizing individual needs of residents and staff.
2. Monitors work assignments, provides feedback, evaluates performance, redirects staff, and informs Director of Nursing Services of pertinent problems timely.
3. Communicates and coaches staff regarding policies, completes quality care audits, and supervises professional staff in the daily deliver of resident care.
4. Assist with new admissions, transfers, and discharges ensuring related documentation is current, signed, and the recordkeeping meets the policies and procedures.
5. Reviews and completes resident records and related documentation in a timely manner, including the completion of nursing assessment for each resident within 14 days of admission.
6. Plans and conducts resident care conferences and develops interdisciplinary plan of care for each resident.
7. Regularly observes audits and assesses each resident’s condition, status, and care requirements and takes appropriate action to assure care needs are met.
8. Develops nursing care plans for each resident that meets the needs of the resident and the physician recommendations and reports changes in condition of residents that requires nursing intervention notifying the physician, director of nursing services, and family.
9. Transcribes and carries out or delegates physician orders in accordance with the nurse practice act.
10. Documents all pertinent information in the interdisciplinary notes and on the 24-hour DNS report form timely and accurately.