You want to work in a hospital setting where you are valued and appreciated - where you receive respect from your superiors and co-workers as well as the patients you treat.
You want to be challenged by your job without being overwhelmed by it. You want to play an instrumental role in helping a patient recover, sometimes against strong odds, and go home. What you want is Kindred Healthcare.
Our mission is to promote healing, provide hope, preserve dignity and produce value for each patient, resident, family member, customer, employee and shareholder we serve. Join us!
Assist in the nursing care and preparation of patients for surgery. As a member of the sterile team, you will dress in gown and gloves, create and maintain a sterile field, and issue instruments to surgeons.
- Set up tables, equipment, instruments and supplies.
- Assist in transporting the patient to and from the room. Intra-Op
- Count instruments, sharps, sponges and supplies and maintain a correct count throughout the procedure.
- Pass instruments to surgeons and supplies such as sutures, sponges, etc.
- Report and correct any break in the aseptic technique.
- Assist in preparing surgical specimen; fill out lab request forms. Post-Op:
- Dispose of all sharps used in operating procedure as well as infectious linens and supplies; decontaminate all equipment, instruments and supplies.
- Clean the patient after the procedure.
- Prepare the room for the next procedure by assisting in set-up and sterilization.
- Help in discharging patients; arrange patient transportation.
- Maintain an inventory of supplies, linens, instruments, procedure trays, equipment and forms used in procedures room.
- Track maintenance and service needs of equipment and instruments.
- Submit requests to order supplies to Special Procedures Nurse; assist in logging in procedures and end-of-the-month statistics.
Operating Room Technician