As a Senior Software Engineer, you will join PNC's Information Technology group and will be instrumental in helping to maintain PNC's reputation for technology excellence in both business applications and new innovations.
Working under broad guidance, your team and area will be responsible for performing application software development for system enhancements potentially across a variety of technology platforms. You will also augment your skills on such projects as system enhancements and operational and technical support for routine and non-complex system functions for our Lines of Business (LOB) service partners.
You will develop complex application software for system enhancements and assess and determine design considerations including application programs. You may also modify databases, client reports, internal reports, and online presentations.
50% Testing and 50% BI Platform Administration.
The primary role of the Oracle BI Platform Administrator is to Test Changes to the OBIEE environment and Support the OBIEE Enterprise Business Intelligence Platform.
The Secondary Role of this position is to ensure end-to-end testing of all changes within the BIX environment. This person will partner with the testing team to ensure that we are using our enterprise team and tools properly. This person will ensure that the development within the BI Admin team begins and ends with testing.
- Perform code releases / Integrate Testing to Code Releases
- Integrate Enterprise Testing Best Practices into Team
- Leverage Source Control into Testing Framework
- Act as first on-call support as part of team rotation
- Install upgrades and patches / Integrate Testing to Upgrades & Patches
- Test Disaster Recovery capabilities / Test Plan for Disaster Recovery
- Implement configuration change requests / Test Plan for Configuration Changes
- Implement and execute diagnostic tools; monitor platform performance
- Create and update documentation
- Resolve platform issues, working in collaboration with several interdependent groups
- Perform root cause analysis of platform issues
- Perform log file an disk cleanup
- Implement security
- Build end-to-end testing process for department
- Implement the Testing Framework for Scripts
- Implement the Testing Process for all development within the department
- Ensure that Testing occurs properly, and that team understands testing process, and documentation is complete on time.
- Bachelor's degree in technology
- 3-5 years doing formalized testing
- Technology internship or work experience
- Willingness to learn a technology platform and support it
- Good organization and communication skills
- Experience in OBIEE/BI Publisher 11g ' development or platform administration
- Experience with Harvest