Support all supplier quality related activities. Develop evaluation, surveillance and audit plans to qualify, assess and maintain supplier quality performance. Develop procedures and implement programs to ensure the ongoing development, and maintenance of quality control within the supply base. Lead corrective action initiatives and continuous improvement activities with suppliers. Support purchasing and engineering in the development of new, competitive, high quality suppliers. Support incoming and in-process QC inspection needs related to supplier quality. Implement industry best practices in control and management of supplier QA.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Organize, plan and execute supplier qualification activities. Coordinate requirements with MELCO QA, PTD engineering, operations and suppliers.
• Develop, plan and perform required supplier maintenance activities related to quality.
• Lead resolution of vendor quality problems coordinating all efforts that may be required with engineering and the supplier,
• Lead root cause and corrective action projects associated with all supplied product.
• Become a certified lead auditor and lead the PTD auditing activities with the supply chain.
• Develop and implement approaches and processes to ensure continuous improvement and supplier compliance with all technical and QA program requirements.
• Serve as a QA liaison to Ako; learning from and implementing applicable Japanese techniques and requirements for QA improvements.
• Communicate to and support implementation of industry best practices with the supply chain.
• Review supplier submitted documents and certifications for compliance.
• Perform annual (or more frequent) reviews and maintenance of supplier related procedures for accuracy and currency.
• Track supplier quality trends, root cause evaluations, and implementation of preventative and corrective actions and problem resolution.
• Provide technical support and advice to engineering, to prevent and/or remedy supplier quality problems.
• Maintain a working knowledge of applicable industry quality codes and standards.
• Track and report on a prescribed basis supplier quality related metrics and action plans.
• Implement rapid response and resolution with suppliers when non-conformances are encountered to ensure continued material flow.
• Coordinate value adding product changes between suppliers and Engineering.
• Support and assist the Quality Assurance Manager as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned in support of ongoing business activities which include but are not limited to: the ISO-9001 program, daily and routine manufacturing and QC inspection issues, Kaizen and lean mfg. initiatives, internal audits, customer visits or field assessments, testing issues or general QA/QC procedural matters.
• Further the goals and image of the Power Transformer Division through positive and professional interaction with other MEPPI divisions and suppliers.
• Know MEPPI’s Quality and Environmental Policies and be able to discuss their importance and how they impact work.
THE DESCRIPTION ABOVE REPRESENTS THE MOST SIGNIFICANT ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF THE JOB BUT DOES NOT EXCLUDE OTHER OCCASIONAL WORK ASSIGNMENTS NOT MENTIONED.