State and Local Tax Senior Staff - Chicago - (8472)ID:
Tax Consulting - State and Local Tax Services
Regular Full-TimeMore information about this opportunity:Company Overview:
Crowe Horwath LLP (www.crowehorwath.com) is one of the largest public accounting and consulting firms in the United States. Under its core purpose of “Building Value with Values,” Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. With a total of more than 3,000 personnel, Crowe and its subsidiaries have offices coast to coast. The firm is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Horwath International, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world, consisting of more than 150 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 100 countries around the world.Position Summary:
This role requires tax consulting on state and local tax projects, so strong technical skills are vital. This Senior Staff will be responsible for performing tax research and working with clients on state and local tax matters including tax planning and implementation; tax due diligence; state tax controversies with state jurisdictions; preparation and technical review of corporate and pass-through entity state income/franchise tax returns; state tax matters related to FAS 109 and FIN 48; and assistance in client management and practice development activities.Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting required. MST or JD a plus, but not required.
- 2 - 4 years tax experience in public accounting with a state and local tax focus
- Must be qualified to sit for the CPA or possess a CPA.
- State income/franchise tax consulting and compliance experience required.
- Must possess strong research and writing skills and possess strong communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships.
- Must be willing to work overtime during busy season and as required.
- Demonstrated ability and desire to perform in a high-energy, fast paced environment.
- Possess an understanding of sales and use tax, property tax, and credits and incentives is a plus.
- Having some review and supervisory experience is a plus, but not required.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office, RIA Go-System software, CCH and RIA Checkpoint desired.