Nemours is seeking a Sterile Processing Supervisor (Central Supply)/FULL-TIME to join our team at the Nemours Children's Hospital in Orlando, Florida.
As one of the nation's leading pediatric healthcare systems, Nemours is committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy. We offer integrated, family-centered care to more than 280,000 children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Nemours strives to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children - even those who may never enter our doors - through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts. At Nemours, our Associates help us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.
Located in Orlando, Fla., Nemours Children's Hospital is the newest addition to the Nemours integrated healthcare system. Our 100-bed pediatric hospital also features the area's only 24-hour Emergency Department designed just for kids as well as outpatient pediatric clinics including several specialties previously unavailable in the region. A hospital designed by families for families, Nemours Children's Hospital blends the healing power of nature with the latest in healthcare innovation to deliver world-class care to the children of Central Florida and beyond. In keeping with our goal of bringing Nemours care into the communities we serve, we also provide specialty outpatient care in several clinics located throughout the region.
This position is responsible for providing leadership for the, staff and workflow activities of the Sterile Processing and Decontamination area. This position ensures that unit staffing is adequate to support all sterile processing and decontamination processes utilizing current techniques for preparation of reusable instrument trays and supplies for Perioperative Services and other units within the facility that require re-processing or sterilization. Additional duties will include maintenance of all sterilization records within the facility in accordance with current regulatory standards, weekly audits of sterilization and decontamination processes, and the provision of monthly reports. The supervisor will ensure adequate inventory of departmental supplies that support this department and Perioperative Services. This position will provide assistance to the Perioperative educator with identification of departmental staff's learning needs and the training and orientation of new staff. The successful candidate will demonstrate leadership skills and competencies of the Decontamination and Sterilization Process during the orientation process.
- Provides expertise in sterile processing techniques with knowledge of current methods, materials and equipment utilized in Sterile Processing and Decontamination.
- Models professional behaviors, promoting a safe environment for self and team members through use of Personal and Protective equipment and routinely maintaining cleanliness and orderliness of supplies and equipment in the work areas.
- Maintains professional practice knowledge base, to insure current practice standards are met, as they relate to disinfection and sterilization of re-usable instruments and equipment for sterile procedures.
- Identifies, investigates and reports high-risk issues relating to Sterile Processing and Decontamination to senior leadership, Infection Control and Risk Management.
- Maintains complete, current, and relevant policies and procedures in accordance with organization and departmental objectives, scope of service, and regulatory agency requirements
- Facilitates the constructive resolution of conflict and demonstrates effective problem-solving mechanisms.
- Assists the Perioperative Educator in implementing education and competency development plans for staff.
- Utilizes skilled oral, written, and electronic communication to communicate effectively and to foster collegial relationships both intra- and interdepartmentally.
- Provides timely staff evaluations
- Monitors productivity and operational costs related to staffing, supplies and equipment.