McGladrey is looking for a dynamic Senior Associate to join our Assurance practice.Position Description
As part of the audit team, the In-Charge or Senior Associate will be responsible for:
- Providing timely, high quality client service that meets or exceeds client expectations.
- Preparing all necessary financial statement and related disclosures and reportable conditions letters, with an eye on quality, thoroughness and accuracy.
- Developing an understanding of client's business, and becoming a 'functional expert' in the area.
- Keeping lines of communication open with staff and clients.
- Supervising engagement team as needed.
- Monitoring and reporting regarding the productivity of staff, and adherence to work plan schedules on each assignment.
- Keeping abreast of latest developments and ensuring professional development through ongoing education.
- Anticipating and addressing client concerns and escalating problems as they arise.
- Recognizing and informing senior management of opportunities to increase level and types of services to clients.
- The position offers an opportunity to work with a diverse client base.Basic Qualifications
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 2 or more busy seasons of public accounting experience as an external audit professional.
- In-Charge experience with supervising associate members while running multiple engagements.
- CPA or demonstrated progress toward obtaining CPA certification.
- Understanding of audit services with knowledge of FASB, GAAS, and GAAP.