CenturyLink Technology Solutions, which operated as Savvis until Jan. 21, 2014, delivers innovative managed services for global businesses on virtual, dedicated and colocation platforms. With deep IT infrastructure experience and an advanced network at the foundation, CenturyLink Technology Solutions services are enhanced by flexible automation and customization choices, enabling enterprises to focus on business results and advancements for their customers. CenturyLink Technology Solutions accolades include being named the No. 2 retail colocation provider by Synergy Research Group and Frost & Sullivan and earning cloud and managed hosting leadership recognition from leading industry analyst firms.
CenturyLink Technology Solutions is an operating segment within CenturyLink, an S&P 500 company listed among the Fortune 500 list of America’s largest corporations.
The CenturyLink Technology Solutions (CTS) Director – Indirect Channels
We hire those who display our values, have deep expertise in serving clients and are passionate about advances in the IT space. We look for people who have a motivational commitment to excellence, offer a personal approach to service, enjoy a challenge and are dedicated to pursuing growth and learning.
Purpose of Position:
The CenturyLink Technology Solutions Director of Indirect Channels reports to the VP Colocation Business Development. The role is accountable for driving revenue from the CTS partnership with IO Data Centers.
IO Data Centers are currently the #1 Colocation provider in the Phoenix market. CTS has entered into a strategic partnership with IO to sell 11 MW of data center capacity in the Phoenix market while at the same time IO will no longer sell new Colocation into Phoenix. IO will direct all new sales leads to CTS and obtain a referral fee to do so.
CTS will be able to sell IO’s cutting edge module technology through a long term lease agreement with IO while CTS purchases over modules from IO over a multi-year deal. In addition, CTS will have over 2 MW of traditional raised floor capacity to sell in the IO data center.
CTS expects to generate over $500M of revenue over the term of the IO partnership. Since IO can no longer sell new Colocation into the Phoenix market, IO will be referring new Colocation opportunities to CTS. Working and selling these current and future leads will be the responsibility of the Director of IO Channel Sales.
The Director will be key to creating the indirect IO channel within CTS by using non-direct sales channel compensated resources to support, sell, quote and close IO Colo deals. The Director will work collaboratively with the leadership of the colocation product management, data center operations, CTL deal desk and pricing & offer development.
- Drive short term and long term colocation revenue growth through indirect IO channel
- Generate colocation leads from IO referred deals
- Support VP of Colo Biz Dev to distribute IO leads between this Indirect Channel and Direct Sales as appropriate
- Develop relationships with IO Sales, Marketing and other related IO organizations in order to drive success in Phoenix deals
- Feed and nurture the IO relationship through regular phone and in-person contact
- Ensure CTS process are in place to negotiate and sell IO referred deals
- Partner with IO Sales Team, CTS Colocation Sales team & CTS Colocation Product Management to support and close IO deals
- Partner with Indirect Channel SE to provide technical support necessary during IO deals
- Work with Pricing and Offer development to obtain necessary contract and pricing decisions
- Present regular dashboard of IO results to executive management
- Be aware and clear any internal conflicts with for resources inside CTS that would prevent smooth flow information and deal closure