Teledyne Technologies Incorporated is a leading provider of sophisticated electronic components and subsystems, instrumentation and communications products, including defense electronics, monitoring and control instrumentation for marine, environmental and industrial applications, harsh environment interconnect products, data acquisition and communications equipment for air transport and business aircraft, and components and subsystems for wireless and satellite communications. We also provide engineered systems and information technology services for defense, space and environmental applications, manufacture general aviation engines and components, and supply energy generation, energy storage and small propulsion products.
We serve niche market segments where performance, precision and reliability are critical. Our customers include government agencies, aerospace prime contractors, energy exploration and production companies, major industrial companies, and airlines and general aviation companies.
Teledyne DGO Brien, a leader in Oil & Gas subsea extreme environment connectors is looking for an energetic, career oriented engineering technician with a positive and mature work ethic to join the New Product Development Engineering R & D lab.
The qualified individual will be responsible for successfully performing the following:
• Work in safe manner and comply with all company safety guidelines.
• Work to project-specific quality plans, test outlines and internal work instructions.
• Adherance to international, customer and internal QA standards and specifications.
• Undertaking mechanical / electrical and fibre-optic assemblies and testing to completion.
• Tear-down, troubleshoot and repair test setups as well as simple to complex assemblies in test.
• Ensuring the use of calibrated equipment with all test setups.
• maintenance of lab equipment.
• Maintaining the lab in a safe and tidy manner and in compliance with 5S standards.
• Tasks as directed and be able to work unsupervised successfully accomplishing the task at hand.
• R&D and Qualification testing as outlined, analyzing and documenting all test results in a methodical and efficient way.
• Work in a team environment and have a proven track-record in collaborating/interacting with engineering.
• Work on multiple tasks, meet deadlines and be highly motivated.
• Designs and development of test methods, practices and protocols for future projects.