Graduate of an accredited School of Practical Nursing required. Current license in good standing to practice as a practical nurse in the State of Ohio, IV certification preferred. Minimum of one to two years previous experience preferred. Effective communication skills. Exceptional customer service skills. Job Description:
The Licensed Practical Nurse will provide administrative support
and care in an atmosphere sensitive to each person’s physical, emotional, social, and
spiritual needs. The Licensed Practical Nurse, functioning in the spirit of teamwork, under
the direction of a provider or Registered Nurse is accountable for the delivery of patient care
utilizing the Nursing Process within the standards, policies, procedures, and guidelines of
the Organization. Other responsibilities include:
Join Our Team
- Screens, refers, routes and places phone calls.
- Documents patient care observation and activities according to professional standards and procedures.
- Prepares patient charts for appointment: files results of tests, procedures and ensures chart completeness.
- Schedules appointments and tests: pre-certifies patients for insurance coverage; sets up referral contacts; reviews requisitions (labs and x-rays) for completeness.
- Measures and records vital signs
- Records patient interview and history
- Prepares patient for examinations, routine screening tests, and procedures
- Assists the provider or RN with procedures as needed
- Performs phlebotomy and obtains lab specimens as ordered.