Axcess Financial is currently looking for a Senior Analyst of Accounting and Financial Systems.
General Function: This position, reporting to the Manager of Accounting and Financial Systems, will be responsible for taking on a pivotal role in the implementation and maintenance of corporate financial systems. The role includes development and maintenance of a) interfaces between our POS systems and financial systems and b) a centralized data repository for use by accounting and finance. This group serves as the primary liaison between IT and finance and accounting.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Project Planning and Prioritization and Resource Allocation
- Work with IT and Accounting and Finance to prioritize requests and activities and develop schedules and work-plans for projects and initiatives
- Ensure projects are completed within designated time frames and track and report progress to upper management.
- Document current and future-state financial business processes, definitions, roles and responsibilities
- Develop and maintain a central data repository for use by finance and accounting, integrating data from our POS systems and general ledger
- Maintain the general ledger system, including user maintenance, chart of accounts maintenance and period cut-off integrity
- When new interfaces between our POS systems and general ledger are required, take a leadership role to develop and test these interfaces
- Ensure integration points and data flows between systems are efficient and optimal
- Plan and coordinate user acceptance testing and business sign-off. Develop and execute integrated test plans including custom modifications
- Ensure standards for data quality and integrity between systems are developed in accordance with best practices
- Review existing interfaces and identify improvements
- Become the internal point of contact for questions to and requests of our external software vendors supporting accounting and finance
Staff management and development
- Coach and mentor less experienced team members, including development of customer service and communication skills to effectively work with the business and IT
•Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems and/or Accounting with 4+ years of relevant work experience
•Strong knowledge of financial systems, CODA and SQL knowledge a plus
•Strong understanding of the supported business and can make recommendations which positively impact the business and improve processes.
•Strong understanding of data flows, core applications and systems
•Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with all levels of organization.
•Demonstrates thought- and change-leadership
•Experience working with offshore IT support a plus.