High Voltage Maintenance (HVM), a wholly owned subsidiary of Emerson, is an industry leader in electrical testing, maintenance and engineering services helping utilities, industrial, financial and government clients throughout the United States improve the reliability and performance of their electrical distribution systems. HVM offers a full range of services including complete electrical distribution system commissioning and start-up services, acceptance and maintenance testing, project management, engineering studies, and electrical and safety training.
HVM is currently seeking an Associate Sales Engineer located in our Dayton, OH Service Center to support our service offerings. Candidates must live within 45 miles of the Dayton area to be considered for this position.
Associate Sales Engineer
Provide sales and marketing support as assigned to meet region sales goals for the assigned territory. This activity will be done using all principles of good salesmanship, including personal client visits, telephone selling, group selling plus participation in technical and professional associations. Responsible for developing proposals for Company services in conjunction with the Operations Department staff and/or corporate staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform sales support to consistently meet overall area sales goals. Make regular sales calls on existing major accounts and establish contact with new accounts. Make effective customer presentations, proposal pricing is accurate and technically correct.
- Perform marketing support to promote the Company’s image throughout the industry. Implement area-marketing plan on a monthly basis. Assist corporate needs in new service assessments, marketing research and literature development.
- Perform public relations to promote sales. Active participation in trade shows and professional societies. Give effective presentations for the Company’s Training Services and Speaker's Bureau.
- Member of the Area Management Committee. Actively participate as a committee member. Assist in the development of the area sales and marketing plan. Bring input and new ideas on Sales and Marketing activities.
Job Requirements Required Skills:
- Customer Focus - Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customer; Gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; Acts with customers in mind; Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Drive for Results - Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Negotiating – Can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups; can settle differences with minimum noise; can win concessions without damaging relationships; can be both direct and forceful as well as diplomatic; gains trust quickly.
- Time Management – Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; sets priorities; values time; separates the critical few from the trivial many and concentrates his/her efforts accordingly.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Graduate BSEE/BSEET engineer and minimum of one year sales experience, preferably in the power distribution industry. OR Graduate of electrical technical school or equivalent, and two years of similar work. OR High school diploma or equivalent and five years of similar work.
- Willing to work flexible hours, weekends, some over night travel to cover sales territory.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers, talk and hear. Required to sit and work at computer. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Conduct walk-through of construction sites and work in and around electrical equipment.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
Additional Company Information High Voltage Maintenance is an equal opportunity employer with a written Affirmative Action plan. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, sex, religion, age, national origin, color, disability, veteran status or genetic information. High Voltage Maintenance is committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
Additional Website Information WWW.HVMCORP.COM