Vice President of Learning & Organizational Development
Organization (MUST HAVE BEEN IN HOTEL Learning & Organizational Development)
The Vice President of Learning & Organizational Development will guide corporate and franchise operators by offering consistent high quality workplace learning, performance and regulatory compliance that meets defined and ever changing needs. You will need to build a foundation that supports our operations today but which can expand and develop to serve an organization 3X times our current size. You will build your team, design and expand on programs, develop original and impactful learning experiences for both classroom and distance learning. Your objectives will encompass the performance management and development of our professional sales staff, home office support, and operations management and guest service staff. Strategic focus will include programs in Leadership & Management, Guest Readiness, Safety and Quality, Operations & Business Development, Performance Management, New Employee Onboarding, Career Development, and Government Compliance. Annually you and your team will assure the training function remains in strategic alignment with the AOP.
We have a job description, but frankly you will write your own job description in the months ahead. You will build out you own department, programs and infrastructure. It’s not like our training function is broken, it is more like an infant who needs a parent to grow to maturity. For the first 90 days you will complete an organizational survey and needs gap analysis, then present the Executive Committee your vision, objectives and tactical plan to meet the needs.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Organizational Development, Instructional Design or related discipline and/or equivalent experience
- Prefer CPLP certification
- 15 years of experience managing performance and workplace learning in hospitality or customer service focused organizations
- Experience designing and developing sales; guest/customer service training programs
- Prefer experience in competency based learning, an ideal candidate will have training or experience in adaptive learning
- Experience with selecting, training, and assuring high levels of performance of a training team that includes developers, instructors, e-learning specialists, and managing consultants and outside vendors
- A creative mind combined with a passion able to design and deliver innovative and effective high quality training programs which are respected and desired learning experiences
- Evident interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills
Please see the requested questionnaire below and my attached resume in Microsoft word and return by email. Thanks in advance.
1. Current or last income? $
2. Minimum income and above? $
3. Reasons for changing jobs?
4. Locations desired (States and or Cities)?
5. The best number to contact you at during the day?
6. Email address?
7. Are you authorized to work in the US? (US Citizen, Perm Resident or Visa)
8. Explain in detail how you qualify for this position! (Please look at the required section in job description. This is the part that the client will decide who or whom they bring in for interviews.)
Please send your resume to email@example.com