Trinity Industries, Inc., headquartered in Dallas, Texas, is a diversified industrial company that owns a variety of market-leading businesses which provide products and services to the industrial, energy, transportation, and construction sectors. Trinity reports its financial results in five principal business segments: the Rail Group, the Railcar Leasing and Management Services Group, the Inland Barge Group, the Construction Products Group and the Energy Equipment Group. Trinity’s businesses provide capital goods and services ranging from railcars to barges, construction materials to propane tanks, highway guardrail to structural wind towers, railcar parts to crash cushions, and railcar leasing and management services.
Trinity’s vision is to be a premier, multi-industry growth company that generates superior earnings and returns for its shareholders, and to offer a safe, productive and challenging work environment for our employees.
Trinity Corporate is searching for a talented team player to fill the open position of Technical Writer in our Dallas, Texas office! We welcome your ideas and your outstanding work ethic. Join our team today and be a part of Helping to Build America. ™
In this role, you willbe responsible for creating and writing various types of user documentation, including how-to guides and instruction manuals, installation and assembly manuals, reference materials and other technical manuals.
- Explain scientific and technical ideas in simple language
- Write technical direction on product announcements, marketing brochures, advertisements, and marketing specifications
- Meet with business unit personnel, vendors, plant personnel, or publishers to establish technical specifications
- Study drawings, specifications, mockups, and product samples
- Create user documentation for a variety of material, including how-to guides and instruction manuals
- Ensure technical verbiage is easy to understand by the layperson, including identification of all hazards, dangers, etc. for safe operation, assembly or installation of equipment
- Gather information in libraries and on the web to assist in product documentation
- Prepare charts, graphs, or forms to go along with rough drafts
- Ensure fields flow in the correct sequence
- Write articles and reports on current trends in fields such as product development and engineering
- Write clear and concise policies and procedures, and edit industrial publications
- Create table of contents and cite sources
- Adjust copy as necessary and proofread for grammar and spelling
- Follow document development life cycle
- Release the document following final approval, and conduct online tutorials
- Minimum of 6 years experience writing operational, assembly and installation manuals for mechanical, electrical and hydraulic equipment
- Minimum of 6 years experience with manufacturing processes, and equipment
- Minimum of 6 years experience incorporating illustrations into guides, manuals and information brochures
- Minimum of 6 years experience in document creation with strong design skills to make creative and effective written presentations
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or technical field
- Ability to elicit input from varied groups; engineering, operations, maintenance, executive, safety; environmental; legal; risk management
- Bilingual - English and Spanish both written and verbal is a preference
- Detail oriented is a must
Why Join Trinity? Trinity welcomes diversity in the workplace; bring your new ideas to our stellar team. You will enjoy competitive pay, company paid vacation, sick time, tuition reimbursement, and paid holidays; as well as, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Trinity rewards your healthy lifestyle by offering non-tobacco users extra vacation in addition to a very affordable rate on your insurance benefits! We believe in family, and you will enjoy a great work life balance and be given the opportunity to join Trinity in giving back to our community by participating in our charity events, with a company match of your donations.
Learn more about Trinity at TrinityCareers.com and connect with us on Social Media – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn & Pinterest!
Trinity Industries, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply online. Employment will be contingent upon a successful background check and drug screen. Some positions may also require a pre-employment physical/medical exam. The successful candidate must also meet all work eligibility requirements.