We’re coming up with ways to build the world’s most incredible cranes; we’re thinking outside the box to design efficient and reliable equipment components; and we’re bringing innovation to life each and every day with talented people like you.
As a level II Engineer in the Sustaining Group, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a wide variety of disciplines including but not limited to: fabricators, welders, machinists and Quality Engineers to determine root cause and perform existing design modifications. You will also provide technical support for cranes in the field. This position reports directly to the Engineering Manager, and is based in Manitowoc, WI, on the shores of Lake Michigan.
If you’re up to the challenge, the reward is satisfaction . . . and knowing you helped build something real. Join our passionate team and help build something you can be proud of – a future filled with passion, pride and satisfaction.
Essential Job Functions:
• Prepare concept sketches, layouts, and specification documents as required.
• Assignments may involve new product design, product improvements, test, analysis, production liaison and service liaison utilizing a variety of engineering disciplines.
• Responsibilities may include structural, hydraulic, mechanical, electrical, and/or control system design.
• Prepare basic analysis, test, performance, schedule, and cost information as required in assigned area of responsibility.
• Prepare and report on progress, feasibility, and concept studies, etc. as required.
• Maintain close contact and coordinate activities with other groups within the Product Engineering department.
• Maintain close contact with other departments, including, but not limited to, Purchasing, Quality, Assembly, Test, CraneCare.
• Ability to perform job functions in a safe manner. Successfully complete all safety training required by the time constraints set by governmental regulations. Ability to wear all Personal Protective Equipment (P.P.E.) required, by company policy, for the job being performed.