Health care isn't just changing. It's growing more complex every day. ICD10 replaces ICD9. Affordable Care adds new challenges and financial constraints. Where does it all lead? Hospitals and health care organizations continue to adapt, and we are vital part of their evolution. And that's what fueled these exciting new opportunities.
Who are we? Optum360. We're a dynamic new partnership formed by Dignity Health and Optum to combine our unique expertise. As part of the growing family of UnitedHealth Group, we'll leverage our compassion, our talent, our resources and experience to bring financial clarity and a full suite of revenue management services to health care providers nationwide. If you're looking for a better place to use your passion, your ideas and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work. SM
The Vice President, Revenue Services oversees client revenue services operations and programs, providing overall administration, direction, coordination and evaluation of the revenue cycle functions within client locations. We are looking for a Vice President, Revenue Services that is passionate about developing, designing and implementing operational best practices within Pre-Service, Admitting/Registration and Eligibility with a desired outcome to improve patient experience. You are also responsible for maximizing revenue and client performance by providing analytical support to senior leadership, proactively identifying issues and developing data-driven answers and solutions to revenue management issues within client markets. You will lead a team of 25 direct reports/1500 indirect reports. The position collaborates with the Optum360 executive team on the overall strategic development and implementation of enhanced revenue cycle functions and processes.. The Vice President drives the use of effective tools and technology to enhance automation, standardization and performance improvement. The position champions standardization of processes and procedures to support maximum performance in all areas of the revenue cycle.
The position will advocate for and design strategies that work to honor and strengthen Optum360 goals, values, and mission. Additionally, this position will work to drive innovative solutions that seek to upgrade the client and patient experience. Finally, this position will deliver services that distinguish Optum 360 as a market leader in Revenue Services Management. Success is dependent upon strategic collaboration and relationship building with internal and external. Success also depends on effective partnership and collaboration with the Optum360 Executive Leadership Team.
PRINCIPAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Delivers profitable top line revenue growth by supporting the development and delivery of effective operational performance and services for all Revenue Services clients.
• Effectively represents the voice of Revenue Services across Optum360
• Works with the Professional Services and Technology Solutions teams to develop a business strategy that maximizes value for Optum360.
• Contributes to on-going collaboration and dialogue to ensure strategic alignment, set rules-of-the-road for how the Revenue Services functions engage and resolve conflicts and issues.
• Leads, directs and develops Revenue Services operational teams; continually assesses skills and acts to improve the talent and effectiveness of the team.
• Keeps the organization informed of client needs, product requirements, competitive information, account specific initiatives and other knowledge essential for our business efforts. Push the organization to act to deliver capabilities that enable growth.
• Integrates Revenue Services programs and service offerings to align with Optum360 and client organizational goals and objectives.
• Provides analytical consultation and leadership to Optum360 executive team
regarding revenue management operational development, with a focus on effective performance and business growth.
• Oversees the RFP, selection, contracting and implementation process of relevant vendors in collaboration with the appropriate Optum360 executives and local client leadership teams.
• Develops revenue management strategies for clients consistent with Optum360 strategy, and aligned with local client market conditions.
• Collaborates with Optum360 executive team to develop strategy for change management based on details of the proposed changes and the effects on clients and other stakeholders.
• Leverages effective change management strategies based on details of operational changes and effects on stakeholders.
• Leverages effective training programs for employees and clients on new Revenue Services operational processes and services offered and implemented.
• Maintain knowledge of applicable laws, regulations and trends
• Develops and manages new and existing client relations, including maintaining customer satisfaction.
• Ensures coordination with Technology Solutions to respond to new/ongoing customer needs and future product development.
• Serves as a member of the Optum360 executive leadership team, driving business strategy and operational decisions that deliver desired outcomes.